Let me show you a little magic, Your last Google search was – Free online Website Builders ( Or something similar, right? )
Do you want to have a website?
But now you’re thinking, Oh damn I’m not into codings, I can’t design images, or maybe you just don’t have the time to spend months on creating a site right?
Well, who cares?
Here I’ll be detailing a list of some of the best Online Website Builder tools, and you can choose any one from them. And trust me, all of them are worth it, the difference might only be on your preference.
In fact before starting up, here’s a comparison of the most popular tools, this should already give you an idea of What I’ll be discussing, and their popularity.
Tools I’ll be covering:-
Wix should be #1 in this list, no don’t worry I won’t go storytelling, instead here is a totally unbiased list of its pro’s & (con’s too), so that you can evaluate if it will be worth your time or not.
- Eliminates the use of Codes: – This is a feature that you will find common to most of the tools listed here, you won’t ever need to touch a single line of code while creating your next awesome site.
- Drag and Drop: – Ever drank a cup of coffee? Well, then you’re a website designer. ( Shocked?) Well, that’s how it is to design your site with Wix. Just like while drinking a cup of coffee, all you have to do is, pickup the coffee from the table, and take it up to your mouth, similarly with wix all you have to do is, pickup the different elements :- Images, videos, graphics , text blocks or just anything, and place them where you want them on the site.
- Support Feature: No it’s not that typical “email ” kind of support. A unique feature of wix is that, it has “support” buttons on every element. Yes, for e.g.,. You did pretty good with your text blog configuration, but stuck with the image block? There’s a separate and efficient button and team dedicated to that element itself. Pretty neat huh?
- Templates: – Whats the next big thing that you need while designing your site? The looks, in short an attractive template don’t you? Well, Wix has a collection of over 500 templates, ( they’re more than enough, trust me. )
Trust me, there aren’t any real “cons” with these builders, it’s just some features that you might not like. Except that, they’re just as perfect as can be. But still it’s my duty to let you know about them right? So worry not, you’re in good company:-
- Ads: – Well, Wix does display ads, and its own branding on the site. But well, to be honest, they’re providing such premium service to you free of cost, don’t you think they deserve it? And you can always get rid of it simply by Upgrading. So why not?
- Can’t change Templates: – Well, Wix does have 500+ templates, but you can’t change it once you choose it. ( To be honest, it’s a positive feature, in my opinion, I mean this gives you a strong sense of choosing the perfect one the first time, and over time it grows into your brand.)
Happy? Hey, go get Wix right now.
You’ve definitely heard of it, yes that awesome site builder that everyone has been talking about. Just like Wix, let me get you both its pro’s and con’s so that you can evaluate your preference.
- Mobile Responsiveness: – It’s a direct ranking factor now to have sites that are mobile friendly, so well Squarespace covers this aspect neat and clean.
- Spacing- There’s a certain kind of personal flavor to SquareSpace templates. They have neat spacing, and plenty of white space, thus promoting readers to keep reading, and not buzz off as soon as they land on the site.
- Styling options: – The styling interface on SquareSpace is extremely extensive, thus giving it an edge over other site builders. Additionally, it lets you work with a lot of elements on the page, even including a background image, which isn’t really common with these free site builders.
- Export: – Yes you can actually download your site in a WordPress format. Awesome.
- Block movement not smooth: – When you will try to move a block to and fro, for, e.g.,. If you want the image block on the right side, and not the left, and would be dragging it all along the screen, it will drop, it might not move, and other such glitches are present.
- A lot of options : – As I warned at the very beginning, these cons aren’t exactly cons. Just features that might confuse you. So basically, SquareSpace has such an awesome and extensive list of options that can be customized that sometimes it might become overwhelming and confusing for you to decide what to edit, and what not to, and, therefore, the overall site design is compromised.
- Solution: – It’s not important for you to edit each and every element on the editor, so just eat as much as you can digest.
So you want a website, but you’re not that computer geek with specs who’s always glued to their computers? Neither can you spare thousands of $ for it?
Well, then Weebly was created for you.
So here’s why to Go along with Weebley :-
- Lot’s of Elements: – Yes the very first feature you’d want in your site is at least the availability of features right? You can customize, delete or do whatever, but for that the elements must at least be present, and that’s what Weebly gets you. Here’s a sneak peek into its vast elements:-
- App Center: – Well this is the best thing about Weebly, just like you can add “plugins” into your WordPress Site, similarly Weebly has an awesome AppCenter, which allows you to add third-party custom modules into it, and extend it’s functionality. Here’s what it looks like:
Ah, let me make it a bit more lucrative for you. Here’s what the MapJam module does for you.
Pretty attractive right? What else do you need when your Online site builder is capable of satisfying almost every element you had ever dreamt of to have on your latest site?
- Mobile Responsiveness: – Just in case you were wondering, oh yes Weebly does let your site be accessible from devices such as Cellphones and tablets. Thus boosting your reputation both for the users and the Search Engines. ( Who thought all of this could be so damn easy? ) . Okay as you’re irresistible, let me show you how it looks like on a cell:-
- Export: – Yes you can actually get the HTML structure of your hard work and host somewhere else.
Cons:- ( To be honest, there aren’t, just aren’t any real, serious con’s. But I’ll try to give you an honest picture of the services )
- Basic Templates: – Weebly tries to keep things compact, and simple. So basically, you don’t get super advanced transition or design templates with it. You get the basic sliders, parallax effect or rotation kind of stuff, but trust me it’s more than enough.
- Limited customization: – Weebly does have an extensive list of elements, but it isn’t the best option when it comes to customization. For e.g.,. if you want to change the header color or such deep details, then it won’t allow you to do that. ( Sorry guys, you can do that, but you’ll need to get into a bit of code, so if you want the extensive elements, and you’re familiar to codes, in that case, it’s your best option ).
What more are you looking for?? Grab it Right Now.
Not Everyone reading this post wants to build a “blog” right?
Well if you want to build something like an e-commerce platform, Jimdo will do the task for you.
As a “first impression” kind of thing, let me tell you it’s used by over 15 million of websites around the world. ( There can’t be 15Million Idiots using a tool if it’s a waste of time, right? )
- Totally managed Online Store: You can Tag products, discount codes, automatic email responders, etc. are all a part of this awesome Website Builder.
- Lot’s of languages: – It’s not necessary that all of your visitors are from English Speaking nations, right? So well, Jimdo supports over eight languages, thus expanding your potential outreach.
- Free: – There of course is a premium version available, but the free version is well capable of handling all your initial needs. And it never forces you to upgrade, also the
- The only “Con” I could think of about Jimdo was that it places ads on its sites. ( It’s natural, and fair ) but just as a tradition I’m listing it as a “con” here.
Its a comparatively new comer compared to Wix or Weebly, but it does have some revolutionary ground breaking features. And here’s a detail of each one of them:-
- Later theme change: – This is the most attractive feature of DudaOne. Yes, it let’s you change your template even after you’ve created your site.
- Extensive templates: – It doesn’t have thousands of templates, just 34, but trust me they are enough. In fact, they save you both time and confusion. As this short list is further classified into different categorizes such as business, home, real-estate, tech, etc. So it does greatly save your time.
- Drag and Drop: – Of course, you can drag and drop various elements as per your wish on the site.
- Custom options: – You can actually control what elements you want to be seen on a specific device. For eg. if your slider is pretty big or heavy, you might not want it to load on other devices except a computer, and Duda one gives you that awesome ability to control it.
- E-commerce Support:- Not a blogger? Then be a Businessman, DudaOne let’s you create a free 10-page long e-commerce store too.
- No Export Feature: Sorry to let you know but, it doesn’t have an Export feature. ( Not much of a problem though in the practical sense.)
- No Scheduling option: – Squarespace let’s you schedule your posts for later publication, this feature, however, is missing with DudaOne.
Webs is one of the oldest players in the market, it’s been playing since 2001, so well 16 years of online success? They must be doing something right, right?
Here’s what they’re doing right:-
- Drag and Drop: – This is the most basic element of all the popular sites that let you build an online site for free. So Webs too wasn’t left behind, it has a smooth drag and drop interface just like Wix or Squarespace or any other tool listed here.
- Membership Feature: – The only site, that I know of, supporting this feature. Webs allows you to build a membership section, where you can share or restrict users or send a group email kind of things, all in just couple clicks.
- AppStore:- Yes Weebly wasn’t the only one having an AppStore, Webs has got it too, and it seems it’s loaded with features. Just taking client information / interaction organization tools, SEO tools, sharing of documents, Etsy store integration as an example. So you won’t be limited to the default Webs features, but can expand them as per your needs.
- Page Layouts: – Webs has a list of different layouts that you can create as a Page, so you can technically choose what kind of basic layout your new page should have.
- E-commerce Integration:- Just like some of the above tools, if you’re not the blogger kind of guy, and instead want to try your hands with a more “direct profit” kind of idea, then Webs has got it covered for you with its E-commerce option, which let’s you set up an online shop in minutes.
- No Modifications: – Even if you aren’t a coder, sometimes you might want to change a line here and a word there in your code to revamp your design a little bit. Well, Webs doesn’t let you see your template codes, so if you were planning on it, sorry you can’t modify your templates.
Just that, and I don’t think it will really affect your decision of Going with Webs.
#7: – Godaddy Site Builder:-
Godaddy is a reputed domain and server seller all across the globe, which gives them an Edge when they’re marketing their super cool Site Builder.
But it’s easy to get confused by the ads, and paid reviews of such big fishes, so let me get you an honest picture of what Godaddy site builder actually looks like, and if it’s the tool you will like to go with, or not.
- Drag & Drop: Godaddy has a very efficient and smooth Drag and drops feature, so like all of the above tools, with Godaddy Site builder too you don’t need to get your hands dirty working with the codes.
- Pre-loaded Content: – When you’re just starting out, you need a basic idea about how your site should look, and well that’s where Godaddy comes in. It has “demo ” content pre-loaded, so all you have to do is either edit or delete it.
- 24/7 Support:– You can call Godaddy at 3 in the morning, and they’ll respond. So my point here is, they’ve a really efficient team.
- Backups: Yes, Godaddy also lets you back your site up, and restore if you lost it or did something wrong. So basically, this feature along is enough to let me go over and buy it.
- Only Important elements:- Godaddy, because of its experience in the market, knows what’s important and whats not. So it has only those specific feature that people are actually using, or will actually be benefited from.
- Not Free. Well with all its premium features, and support team, I’m sure you can understand their need to keep it all up and to run smooth, and so Godaddy doesn’t have a free version of its site builder. ( Well, there are over 13 million) paying customers for Godaddy Site builder, so you can trust yourselves to be in good company.
- Solution: – Well it’s not free, and there’s a chance you might not like it, right? Worry not, there’s an awesome 45days refund policy, so you can try it risk-free, right now.
- Not Designed for E-commerce: – Well yes Godaddy isn’t designed to be used as an E-commerce platform, ( but just ask yourselves, how many of you were actually thinking to create an e-Commerce anyway? )
Okay So here’s another Good news for you. Get Godaddy Website Builder right now, and you can get it for as low as $1.5/mo , as it’s on sale right now. So do you seriously still have an excuse not to grab it right now?
Wrapping it Up:-
What do you expect in your Website builders?
They should be fast, have great designs, and be easy to use, right?
These above listed Site Builders have all of these qualities, and most of them are offering it to you for free ( just except Godaddy ), so why not get one of them and make an impact today?
And don’t forget to tell us which Site Builder you are going with in the comments, or if you’re using any of the above builders, would love to hear and include your story in the article.